blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Design...

Read a Tom Peters comment this evening regarding design (see item 15 if you click through). I found it interesting because I'm in the process of designing a couple of websites and have been torn on "how designed" they should look/be. You know what I mean - whether the sites are relatively utilitarian in how they wrap or present the content, or whether they should be more/highly "polished".

Browsing around, I tripped over a site called imagehall hosting photos by a German photographer named Daniela Boerner. Loved the photos - similar to work I'd like to find the time to do - but also loved the simple, clean design of the site, and how the site theme changed to complement the photos. Simple idea, simple execution, big impact. Tom, if you're reading, check it out... (grin)

I've often said I don't have a creative bone in my body, and other than my dabbling in photography or writing here in blahgkarma don't really have a creative outlet. I guess I left cooking off the list - shouldn't have. That's certainly a creative endeavour. Enjoying the photography, and stepping my way through Photoshop, though primarily for work. Used to do a lot of B&W architectural photography at night when I lived in Burlington, Vermont but abandoned it within a couple of weeks of moving to Florida. Seems like a lifetime ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home