blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

HD Looking UP?


HD Looking Up?

Browsing my inbox this morning and read an e-mail from DirecTV. I usually trash these, since they tend not to have anything new I'm interested in, but for whatever reason I opened it. Typical Marketing-speak (paraphrased :-)...

"Its a new year. DirecTV loves you. We're doing a bunch of (not really so) new things. We're rethinking TV. Blah, blah, blah."

Just as I got ready to trash the note, I read this under "Coming Up":

• Four new satellites providing over 1,500 high-definition channels across the country

What? Is that true? I wonder what that means, exactly (like are they repackaging a bunch of content that's not HD and somehow delivering it as HD? Hell, I'd be happy with something like 20 new channels, although I don't want to pay more than they're already clipping me for the existing couple of channels.

Makes me think more about that HD Tivo. But not enough more to buy it - yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home