blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Sorry, but I'm Tied Up at the Moment...

Tie

Tell me this isn’t cool:

My name is Caspar and I would like to welcome you to my webpage on how to tie a tie!

You know, I created this site for people just like you:

  • the working professional who switched jobs recently and needs to wear a tie now but doesn't know how to tie it,
  • the college graduate figuring how to tie a tie before that first job interview,
  • the high school senior needing immediate advice on tying ties before leaving for the prom,
  • and, basically, anyone else who's interested in learning how to tie a tie simply for the fun of it. Yes, for the fun of it!

I have two confessions.  One, I don’t enjoy wearing a tie.  Part of the deal is it just seems like a bother.  Part of the deal is I don’t like feeling like I ‘have to’ dress a particular way.  Part of it is wearing casual dress like a badge-of-courage (I still pride myself on not having owned a suit of any sort for the past 12 or so years).

Tie2

Being the organizational-culture if not -style chameleon I am, though, there are times when at least wearing a tie, and ocassionally a jacket, too, is the right thing to do.  And, so you don’t think I just hate ties, I once bought a great, hand-made Lee Allison silk tie that had little TVs on it.  The company offered outstanding customer service, too; am amazing experience and product all the way around.

Sorry, I digress.

Confession number two – I suck at tying a tie.  Always have.  Never really learned the “right” way, I suppose.  Its not that I don’t WANT to tie a good knot…

Tie3

So, I’m loving Caspar’s gift to manly tie-dom… www.tie-a-tie.net.  Several knot styles, step-by-step instructions, more detailed pics than I grabbed here… how could you go wrong?  I’ll be a frequent visitor, at least until I learn how to tie the blasted thing right.

Wish I still had that Lee Allison tie… it got away from me some years back.  Pity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home