blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

High Tech, High Touch

As highly automated as our world has become, I find a lot of folks have forgotten how to balance high tech with high touch, or maybe they don't give a crap about it. In any business built on relationships (what business isn't?), its just too easy to forget or miss opportunties for high touch when high tech mighs substitute.

I'm a high tech kind of guy - e-mail reigns supreme in my business world. But, I still take the time to personally seek out face time with the folks I work with, who I need and who need me. And, although some would argue its "old fashioned", I still liberally apply handwritten thank you's, as painful as it is for me to write them (handwriting something feels incredibly uncomfortable to me after spending 15 years at the keyboard).

A small personal touch goes an incredibly long way in our high tech world. Take the time. And if writing thank-yous and personally delivering them is old fashioned, then you business leaders out there take heed - dial up a dose of "old fashioned" right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home