blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Revealing Oneself Online...

I have to admit my previous post on Tom Peters and Guy Kawasaki reveals at least four aspects of my personality:

  • I am a wealth of ideas (notice I didn't say "good ideas" - ohers will surely comment on that!). An arrogant wealth of ideas, but a wealth of ideas nonetheless (grin).
  • I'm not shy and don't expect I ever will be when it comes to evangelizing good products, services or ideas.
  • I constantly see synergies and opportunity and shamelessly promote them, whether they benefit me or not.
  • I get a kick out of seeing ideas - mine or someone else's - flourish in the real world.

Its nice when you don't get the door slammed in your face - whether an idea is well received or not - and nicer when ideas are considered. When asked how he learned or came up with good ideas, Einstein once said "I like to polish my mind off the bright minds of others". I've been really fortunate to have been able to do a lot of this, personally and professionally, and I think offering ideas and taking the risk of ridicule or rejection helps do that. But lets be realistic - I mean, what advice to I really have to offer to Tom Peters or Guy Kawasaki or any other luminary/visionary?

Guess we'll have to see if Guy starts that blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home