blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Changing the World, One Visionary at a Time...



The power of the web never ceases to amaze me. I know how trite that sounds, but its true. Check this out...

About a week ago, I posted feedback to Tom Peters' website suggesting Tom and his marketing machine publish some of his stuff in Manifesto format at ChangeThis. So imagine my surprise when I found this post from Tom's "Dispatches from the New World of Work" in my NewsGator inbox:

ChangeThis Spreads the Word
Tom's word, in this case. When we posted pdf files of Tom's success tips here, a reader urged us to develop more viral distribution of Tom's ideas. Our first step in taking that advice was to turn to
ChangeThis, a source of "thoughtful, rational, constructive arguments about important issues." They've added the first half of Tom's 100 Ways to Succeed to the manifestos at their site, where users are encouraged to email, blog or otherwise share what's there. It's all thought-provoking and it's all free. You can subscribe to their newsletter for a heads-up on new manifestos every two weeks (or so). Check it out.

How cool is that? (Tom, if I'm not the ONLY one who suggested this, I'm sorry to take credit for it. Its a cruel world, but not so cruel that I should steal a couple of seconds of someone else's fame, so if that's what I'm doing, let me know and I'll retract.)



Tom Peters isn't the only visionary I'm offering (unsolicited) advice to these days. I've had a brief running e-mail dialog with Guy Kawasaki where I've been trying to guilt him into writing a blog. I think I'm almost there, but he doesn't think he has time (c'mon, Guy - no performance pressure, just write some shit down, or even better podcast or audioblog it).

Guy spends a lot of time and effort on e-mail, as I can attest from his quick replies. So, if you agree he should get off his butt and Start something Revolutionary like a blog, send him some feedback (be nice or he'll kick my ass, and none of us wants that!).

Guy, I promise it won't be much effort - especially if you do the Team Blog thing - and you can do it from the comfort of your own Garage if you want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home