blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

I Miss O'Byrne's Pub

Ever find a really great little pub? I did... very cool little Irish place on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton called O'Byrnes. Not only do I miss the place, I miss meeting Dave and Donna there n a Sunday afternoon when we were just bumming around (especially in the Summer - the Patio is great), or Darren on a Friday night after a horrendous week at the Canadian office. The best beer, too - Kilkenny, which I've never found here at home. Actually, most of the (many) beers I had in Canada were good.

If you find yourself in Edmonton, you HAVE to look this place up. Its pretty much in the middle of Whyte Avenue, which is a very cool little artsy/foodie section of the city not far south of downtown. Its right next door to the Varscona Hotel, which I'd have to say is the finest boutique hotel I've ever stayed in, and at around $90 a night CAD to boot.

Now that I think of it, I guess I miss meeting my friends at O'Byrnes more than I miss O'Byrnes. Hope you guys are well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home