blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Culinary Delight...

If you’ve been reading here for a while, you probably know by now that I love to cook.  Almost anything.  But sometimes its the dumbest stuff that’s the most fun – like Chex Mix.  I made a batch this weekend with my son, which was fun… he knows better than to fight me for food, but he’s smaller and faster than I am, so he got some.  As Napoleon Dynamite would say… ‘GOSSSSSHHHHHH!’

I think I first remember having this culinary delight sometime around 1980, maybe, while living in Burlington.  There’s a store-bought version of it now, of course, but its loaded with all kinds of crap that has no place in a proper Chex Mix, like bagel chips and malformed pretzel-like objects that have no food/nutritional value whatsoever and bagel chips I’m certain are stamped from particle board.

For a good recipe (leave out the damned pretzels and that other crap, though!), you can check out www.chex.com of all places.  I doctor mine up with a little more butter, between a teaspoon to a tablespoon of Tabasco or the like (who knows how much really goes in – I just shake the bottle until it seems like it might be enough), and this time threw some Goldfish in along with a cup of peanuts.

I wonder if there’s a Chex Mix cookoff anywhere – I’ll bet my boy and I could kick some serious ass…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home