blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Advice I Hated to Give...

“I think you should hire an attorney.”

I hate saying those words, for so many reasons.  I have a friend that’s a bit mired in a real estate deal he really wants to do, but thats getting more complicated by the minute.  The seller isn’t holding up their end of the bargain, and despite best and reasonable efforts the trouble’s not getting resolved.

In my experience, if someone’s considering hiring an attorney AFTER something’s happened, its not a good thing, although plenty necessary in many cases.  I’ve given this advice out twice in a month, and the other case won’t be any fun for the other friend, either.  I hate to see anyone shell out the dough, but you get what you pay for, and when you need them, attorneys can be invaluable.

I’ll save the lawyer joke I’m dying to tell right now.  I just hope my friend takes the advice (of course, its only as good as what he’s paying for IT, too), and that everything works out.  He and his family deserve it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home