blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Goodbye Blogger, Hello (Something Else)...

Well, I finally reached the breaking point today – I officially hate Blogger and am kissing it goodbye.  Last time I was this frustrated I wanted to do something about it but didn’t.  This time, I’m doing something about it, starting today.

This afternoon I downloaded WordPress, and to install it on one of my shared hosting accounts took me – literally – less than 5 minutes.  Of course, it took me a couple of hours to figure out the scripts and docs for moving my Blogger stuff over to WP, but that seems to have worked – at least at this point.  Even got the Haloscan comments over, which was impressive.  All this courtesy of tutorials from Justinsomnia.

Not sure if WordPress is the final solution – I’m looking at Moveable Type as well (I wonder what the migration options are) – but either of them are a huge step up over Blogger.  Sorry Google… too many glitches in too short a time.  Good luck with it.

2 Comments:

At 11/24/2005 08:53:00 AM, Blogger Sandy Kemsley said...

Don't forget to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to the new location...

 
At 11/24/2005 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Will do, Sandy. Its funny, but I distinctly remember when setting up the FeedBurner feed that one advantage of doing so was the potential for abstraction of the feed's REAL location. I'm hoping that will work - haven't gotten that far yet. So far, WordPress is a breeze. What are you hosting Column2 on/with?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home