blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Amazing Photo/Travel Project...


Follow this little man!

Found a reference to an amazing photo/travel project on Scoble's blog. I clicked through, thinking "ho, hum... another collection of someone's travel pics. What's so amazing about that?".

How wrong I was...

This site is amazing, if a little hard to describe. Picture a continuous path between various cities of the world (someone's travel itinerary? a collection of travel photos from around the world - who knows?), displayed in 3-D. Points on the path represent cities with pictures associated.

You can spin/rotate the path, mousing-over the points to see the city or cities. Click on a point and the path flattens, and a group of pics associated with your click display. With a bunch of other cool features including the ability to caption photos, display captions, and download pictures, to name a few.

I don't know which I find more amazing... the concept, the photos or the presentation/execution. Very interesting work in Flash to be sure. I e-mailed the site contact - if I get more info I'll post it, but CHECK IT OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home