blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Looking Through the Lens...

LensBroke down and bought the Tamron 18-200 Canon-mount lens this week for my Digital Rebel XT.  Its awesome… much better than the Canon kit lens.  I do business with Dennis and the gang at Stuart Photo on these kinds of items – I might spend a few dollars more than buying online, but the customer service is amazing.  If I have a question or concern, or want a hand sorting out what to buy and what not to buy, I always get honest advice.  They’ve been in Stuart forever (since the early 70’s, at least), and have an amazing reputation – way beyond the small amount of business I do with them.  If they don’t have it they can get it, and the price never seems to be more than a few dollars above the cheapest online price.

This lens should be a great asset on the next Costa Rica trip, but also for my work and for all around shooting.  With an effective range of around 28–300 mm, I don’t expect it to come off the camera very often.

Off to do a little testing, run by Lowe’s for some home project supplies, and then I can see a cerveza and pool duty in my near future…

Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home