blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Weber Rocks!

I like to cook – its relaxing, and its rewarding when you make some thing others enjoy.  And I especially like grilling – haven’t always been very good at it, though.  One of the running jokes in my house is about my famous “Three Alarm Pork Chops”, named after an incident when I was a paramedic in Jensen Beach and literally burned up the pork chop dinner I was making for my partners and my wife.  It wasn’t pretty…

I’ve gotten a little better… with a little help from friends and the occasional “ah ha” moment.  Like the one I had a week or two ago when I cooked ribeye steaks exactly as one of my cookbooks dictated.  Best steaks ever, my guests said.  The book?  Weber's Big Book of Grilling.  Got it as a Father’s Day gift maybe 5 or 6 years ago.  I’d occasionally pulled a recipe out – a rub here, a marinade there – but I’d never really read the grilling instructions.  Scary – grilling over very high heat, with the lid closed… never done it.  But, I can tell you first hand – it works!

Burger

Tonight it was burgers.  Make burgers (however), heat grill to 500 degrees, turn the gas to Medium, put the burgers on and close the lid.  In 4 minutes, turn.  In three minutes, put the cheese on for a minute, then take them off.  Check for 160 degree internal temperature – and perfect burgers!  How easy was that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home