blahgKarma

Random musings, observations, squeaks, whimpers and perhaps the ocassional rant. About what, I'm not sure.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Weber Rocks!

I like to cook – its relaxing, and its rewarding when you make some thing others enjoy.  And I especially like grilling – haven’t always been very good at it, though.  One of the running jokes in my house is about my famous “Three Alarm Pork Chops”, named after an incident when I was a paramedic in Jensen Beach and literally burned up the pork chop dinner I was making for my partners and my wife.  It wasn’t pretty…

I’ve gotten a little better… with a little help from friends and the occasional “ah ha” moment.  Like the one I had a week or two ago when I cooked ribeye steaks exactly as one of my cookbooks dictated.  Best steaks ever, my guests said.  The book?  Weber's Big Book of Grilling.  Got it as a Father’s Day gift maybe 5 or 6 years ago.  I’d occasionally pulled a recipe out – a rub here, a marinade there – but I’d never really read the grilling instructions.  Scary – grilling over very high heat, with the lid closed… never done it.  But, I can tell you first hand – it works!

Burger

Tonight it was burgers.  Make burgers (however), heat grill to 500 degrees, turn the gas to Medium, put the burgers on and close the lid.  In 4 minutes, turn.  In three minutes, put the cheese on for a minute, then take them off.  Check for 160 degree internal temperature – and perfect burgers!  How easy was that?

1 Comments:

At 11/20/2005 12:37:00 AM, Blogger www.k-and-ktreasures.com said...

I just came across your blog about alarm car sale and I think it is really informative for all of your members. You could consider visiting my site about alarm car sale to guide your guests towards products and services related to alarm car sale. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home